Saturday, July 29, 2000

Fishing Pics of Alaska (Last Frontier)


If you love awesome beauty and fishing, go to Alaska. It was our dream trip.

We stayed in Alaska all summer and fished until our freezer was full. We had enough salmon to last us the rest of the year after we left Alaska in September. Fishing license was $100.00 a full season, as you can tell, I got my monies worth.

I met three guys that loved to fish and we did our thing day in and day out.

I met Eamonn Stafford from Ireland on the Kenai River. We fished the Russian River, Kenai River and Hope River at the Turnagain Arm. One day we caught 70 salmon and released all but three. Later we met in Seward and fished again, this time we got skunked (no fish). Obviously, the captain had no clue where the choice fishing holes were.

I met Ernie Lucia, he lived in Anchorage and we fished out of Seward, the following pictures tell the story.

I met Gene Adams in Seward, we fished in Seward, Homer, and Cook Inlet. We also got our share of razorback clams at Ninilchek (north of Homer.

There is nothing better than wild Alaska Salmon.




Our Captain of our fishing vessel and me. It was a pretty good day.




Ernie Lucia, Captain and me.




Our catch of salmon for the day




Buying fresh shrimp off the boat in Prince William Sound.




Allen fishing the Kenai River for salmon (no fish dinner that night)




Fishing at the Copper River, World famous for their salmon.




Salmon resting on the scale




We know what he's having for dinner.




Local residents are allowed to net the salmon out of the Kenai River. Limit is 25 fish.




Got one!





Donna, Dana and Gene Adams (we did a lot of fishing together + eating)
This was taken at the Cook Inlet, Kenai River.





This is our stash of salmon for the rest of the year. We purchased the freezer from Sears in Anchorage.




I know they are waiting for me.....

This is when I knew I was really, really retired......







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home